Author Topic: Auto-X in US  (Read 9549 times)

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
  • Gasoline is in my blood
Auto-X in US
« on: October 12, 2003, 09:42:37 am »
I just went to auto-x today at the local SCCA.  The car is totally stock except because I have H&R spring and 18" wheel they put me in the street prepare class.  But hay I just want to fine out what can this heavy car do.  I run in any class they put me in.  This is my first auto-x in this car.  So here are the detail on all 6 run.  I start off with 45 PSI in all 4 tire.

1 RUN out take it easy to see the line up shift to 3rd gear go thru zig zak then to U turn brake hard down shift to 2nd gear.  Gear won't go in grinddddd aarrkkk.  I have to slow down let off the gas then shift to 2nd.  give up did not push any more 56.360 slow.

2nd RUN get better 52.253 start with 1 gear then shift and stay in 2 gear all the way.  I hit the redline twice but brake before the rev limiter.  Front tire look pretty good so I decide to keep it at 45 PSI but low the rear to 40 PSI.  I aim for 50 sec for the best time.

3rd RUN 52.518 ok run but forgot to turn the tracktion control off come back look at the tires front look pretty good but rear is too high lower it to 38 PSI.

4th RUN 51.684 push it all the way still a second far from 50 second my target time. Front tire get heat up and jump to 51 PSI lower it down to 45 and lower the rear pressure more to 35 PSI.

5th RUN almost give up on my 50 second run try left foot brake and run closer in slalom.  almost hit a cone.  When I came across the line and hear 50.605. WOW got my 50 second target run.

6th RUN did not check tire pressure anymore try something else use gas steerling and left foot brake.  Come out 50.523.  I'm a happy man.  I can tell more story when I get back for my vacation.  May be more than tell a story may be a tutor class that depend on O'Pern. ??? :)

After the run, I go pick up air pump and air gauge lower all 4 tires air pressure to 30 PSI.

I have more pictures but dial up connecttion at home is slow compare to cable at work.  So I will post that Monday.  Here is the picture of my heavy machine.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2003, 09:48:46 am by zpeed »
Good Driver can make slow car go fast but Fast car won't make slow driver fast.

Offline O'Pern

• fear is a mind killer
  • Administrator
  • Authentic Drifter
  • don't let your fear stand in the way of your dream
    • racing club
Re:Auto-X in US
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2003, 11:54:24 am »
ฮ่า นี้สิลูกผู้ชายตัวจริง เล่าซะเห็นภาพเลย ต้องเล่นแบบนี้ครับ ถึงจะมันจริง

พี่โก้ ขอภาพเส้นทางแข่งด้วยครับ แล้วเดี๋ยวจะเทียบกับภาพของงานแข่งไทย หึหึ รับรงอ ฝรั่งเห็น ฝรั่งกรี๊ดดดดด
- เพราะงานแข่งไทยไม่ต้องเน้นขับเก่งครับ เน้นจำเก่งก็มีสิทธิ์ลุ้นแล้ว ฮ่าๆ  :o รูปจากงานเมื่อปีที่แล้วครับ
i drive / i race / i test / I drift
I row / I run / I fun / I ride

SW388

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2003, 01:47:14 pm »
cool!
:D
pom@clubrt.com

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
  • Gasoline is in my blood
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2003, 11:23:09 pm »
Here is the track layout. Sorry it's not to scale and not very accurate.
Good Driver can make slow car go fast but Fast car won't make slow driver fast.