Author Topic: ก่อนที่จะถามว่า.......Set up รถยังไง?  (Read 9835 times)

Offline Mokan

• Authentic Drifter
  • Winning isn't everything, it's the ONLY thing!!!
ผมจะไม่พูดเรื่องขับ Gymkhana หรือ Autocross ยังไงละนะ เพราะมีคนพูดเรื่องนั้นกันเยอะแยะละ ถูกบ้างผิดก้อเยอะ เพราะในความเป็นจริงนั้นมันมีวิธีขับอยู่วิธีเดียวคือ "วิธีที่ถูก" ผมเองเป็นคน"ทำรถให้คนอื่นขับ"เพราะฉะนั้นผมเลยไม่ตื่นเต้นนักในเรื่องการขับเนื่องจากมันไม่ใช้เรื่องที่ยากเย็นอะไรนัก แต่เรื่อง Set รถและช่วงล่างเป็นเรื่องที่ผมถือว่าเป้น"งาน"เลยก้อว่าได้ ผมอาจจะไม่ใช่คนเก่งนะ เพราะฉะนั้นอย่าเพิ่งเชื่อผม
หลายๆคนที่แข่ง Gymkhana (เรียก Gymkhana ก่อนนะ เพราะ Autocross ยังไม่ค่อยมีใครรู้จัก จะเรียก Solo2 เดี๋ยวก้อจะงงกันใหญ่) หรืออยากแข่งหรือแม้แต่แค่สนใจก้อตาม มักจะถามคำถามเหมือนๆกันเสมอว่า "Set รถ Set ช่วงล่างยังไงดีพี่?" แล้วก้ออีกหลายๆคนที่จะถามว่า "โช้ค ยี่ห้อนี้ใช้ได้ไม๊ อะไรดีกว่า Spring ของไอ้นี่ดีไม๊ Camber, Caster, Toe เท่าไหร่ดี? เทอร์โบรึไม่เทอร์โบ" และอีกหลายๆอย่าง ถ้าอยู่ๆเดินเข้ามาถามแบบนี้กัน (มักจะเป็นแบบนั้นซะด้วย) ผมจะตอบเลยว่า "ผมไม่รู้" เพราะข้อมูลแค่นั้นไม่สามารถจะสร้างคำตอบได้ ถึงแม้ว่าอุปกรณ์ต่างๆจะมีสรรพคุณเลิศเลอเท่าไหร่ก้อตาม
ก่อนที่จะถามคำถามเหล่านั้น ที่สำคัญยิ่งกว่า ยี่ห้อ และ ตัวเลขต่างๆนั้นคือ "อาการของรถ" ในขณะที่คุณขับแข่งอยู่นั้น อาการมันเป็นอย่างไร เช่น หน้าไถ (ีืundersteer) ท้ายปัด (Oversteer) มันไม่มีอะไรไปมากกว่านี้หรอก ไอ้ที่ชอบบอกว่า "แถ" เนี่ย เลิกใช้ซะทีเถอะ เพื่อเห็นแก่พระเจ้า นอกจากจะบอกถึงอาการที่ว่านี้แล้ว ยังต้องบอกให้ได้อีกว่า เวลาที่รถเกิดอาการที่ว่านี้นั้น มันเกิดขึ้นตอนไหน ตอนสั่งเลี้ยว ขณะอยู่ในโค้ง รึว่าตอนออกจากโค้ง ยิ่งซอยโค้งให้ละเอียดยิบๆแล้วบอกอาการในแต่ละช่วงได้ยิ่งดี หลายๆคนอาจจะบอกว่า "โห ใครจะไปบอกได้วะ" ถ้างั้นก้อต้องเลิกความคิดที่จะเป็นนักแข่ง เพราะคงไม่ได้ดีทางนี้ (อย่าเพิ่งฉุน ยังมีต่อ) เพราะถ้าคนขับสามารถบอกถึงอาการเหล่านี้ได้ละเอียด "คนทำรถ"อย่างผมและอีกหลายๆคนถึงจะเริ่มมีไอเดียว่าจะแก้ไขไอ้อาการที่ว่านั้นอย่างไร ด้วยวิธีไหน เพื่อให้รถนั้นมีอาการอย่างที่คนขับนั้น"อยากได้"
รถแต่ละคันแต่ละยี่ห้อมี"เซียน"และอุปกรณ์ต่างกัน การ Set รถด้วยวิธีต่างๆนั้น อาจจะดีสำหรับคันใดคันหนึ่งแต่ไม่จำเป็นว่าจะต้องดีสำหรับทุกคัน แม้แต่จะเป็นรถยี่ห้อและรุ่นเดียวกันก้อตาม คนขับก้อร้อยพ่อพันแม่ (หมายถึงว่ามาจากต่างครอบครัวนะ) นิสัยในการขับก้อย่อมไม่เหมือนกัน ขนาด บาริเคโร่ ยังขับรถ ชูมี่ ไม่ได้เลย เพราะฉะนั้นการ Set รถในแบบที่ว่า "พี่...เขาบอกว่าดี" น่ะ มันไม่พอ ถ้าอยากเร็วอยากชนะมันต้องมีมากกว่านั้น เพราะฉะน้น ก่อนที่จะถามคำถาม กรุณาพกข้อมูลมาด้วยอีกกระบุง แล้วจะได้ดังใจนึก
In racing, you either lead or follow or GETTA HELL OUT OF THE WAY!!!!

Offline Mokan

• Authentic Drifter
ลืมไป ขอเติมนิดนึงตรง.....มันเกิดขึ้นตอนไหน ตอนสั่งเลี้ยว ขณะอยู่ในโค้ง รึว่าตอนออกจากโค้ง ยิ่งซอยโค้งให้ละเอียดยิบๆแล้วบอกอาการในแต่ละช่วงได้ยิ่งดี แล้วกรุณาบอกด้วยว่าขณะนั้น คนขับ กำลังทำอะไรอยู่ เหยียบเบรค  Trail เบรค ป้อนคันเร่ง หมุนพวงมาลัยยังไงเท่าไหร่ตอนไหน และยังมีอีกมากที่ผมหรือ"คนทำรถ"แบบผมจะต้องถามจากคนขับ หลายๆคนอาจจะบอกว่า "โห......

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
  • Gasoline is in my blood
I totally 100% argree with you.  But sometime the beginner driver need some basic (BASIC) advice.  I always try to point them to the right direction.  I've racing amature for more than 10 years yet still learn new trick at the track now and then.

Good to have experience mechanic on the board to help out more technical problem.

Welcome to the board.  ;D
Good Driver can make slow car go fast but Fast car won't make slow driver fast.

Offline Mokan

• Authentic Drifter
I know there are a lot of newbies out there that need someone to point, shove, poke, even kick on the ass into the right direction and I don't mind doing that with the one who wanna race seriously.  But most of the "newbies", especially in Thailand, are more concerned in car modification stuff instead of concentrate on driving and "know the game" and when that happened they had made themself busy trying to work on those problem which often turn in to a case of "try and terror".  
My advice for the newbies is,
1. Learn and make yourself know first of what you put yourself into.
2. Learn the game and how to play.
3. Learn the requirement that you need before you decided to buy anything to put in your car. Brand name and Expensive doesn't neccessary mean THE BEST!!
4. Focus on what you do. If you want to be a driver, then DRIVE!!. forget about what kind of shocks you have, forget what the adjustment you car has, you have someone do that for you anyway. Most of the time, the one who is both works as a mechanic and a driver never done good job!!!
5. Be humble, don't be a smart ass if you wanna learn anything.

Offline อิ๊ก osk121 611

• Sr. Member Professional Driver
  • Powered By Thai Tum, Inc.
khun mokan I read your recent posts and I am glad to say the same phrase as khun zpeed "Good to have experience mechanic on the board to help out more technical problem."
So many problems or concerns about automotive technical problem. However, not many people really know the information "throughly". Base on my knowledge, you recent posts are very therotical and accurate. thanks a lot for your input.
Thai Tum, Inc. [auto performance part]
OSK121 Never Die! 611
AE86 Only

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
5. Be humble, don't be a smart ass if you wanna learn anything.

I love #5, I always listen at the track and learn a lot from listening from many driver.  Some right some wrong but the main thing is you LEARN.  Be a smart ass and you learn nothing.

Khun Mokan, when are you going back to Thailand?  We can setup small Auto-X.

Offline Mokan

• Authentic Drifter
zpeed.....I am in Thailand right now and I've been trying to convince the organizers and drivers to run Autocross instead of Gymkhana for awhile already but noone seems to know the difference between the two especially when I told them about WORKING ON COURSE coz most of them love to burn the rubber rathen than burn their delicate skin....555. Now, how could it be fun if you can't get sunburn when you Autocrossing, am I right? (ofcoz, most of them said "YOU ARE CRAZY!" yeah....like I've never heard that before...555) But, working on course is not really a big deal here coz helping hands are easy to find around here.  I often told them "The different between Gymkhana and Autocross is, Gymkhana can race with only 6 pylons but Autocross need atleast 200 pylons!!!" and I always got the same reaction like when I said about working...DUH!!
I used to run Auticross for numbers of year with my regional SCCA group when I was in US. They were a small but very enthusiatic group of Autocrossers who always find an excuses to organize the race every month just for fun. I wish we can have that kind of racing atmosphere like that here in Thailand.

Takuya

โทษนะครับ ขอถามอะไรนิด

ไม่ทราบว่า จิมคาน่า กับ ออโต้ครอส นี่แตกต่างกันยังไงครับ เท่าที่จำได้รู้สึกรูปแบบการแข่งขันจะคล้ายๆกัน แต่ผมไม่ทราบว่าการแข่งไหนถึงเรียกเป็นจิมคาน่าหรือออโต้ครอส  เท่าที่เคยเห็นตามไลน์สนาม ออโต้ครอสจะสามารถใช้ความเร็วรถได้มากกว่าและไลน์ไม่ซับซ้อนอย่างจิมคาน่าที่จัดในไทย เลยยังสงสัยมาถึงปัจจุบันเนี่ยหละครับว่าต่างกันยังไง

ขอบคุณครับ  :)

Offline Mokan

• Authentic Drifter
Gymkhana ที่บ้านเราชอบจัดแข่งกันนั้น มักจะตั้ง Pylon ไว้เป็นจุด(มีทั้งจุดเล็ก 1-3 Pylon และจุดใหญ่ขนาดวงเวียน)โดยผู้จัดจะกำหนดว่า นักแข่งจะวนผ่านจุดไหนอย่างไร ตัวนักแข่งนั้นต้องอาศัยความจำมากในขณะทำการแข่งขัน
Autocross นั้นคล้ายคลึงแต่ไม่เหมือนซะทีเดียว ใน Autocross นอกจากจะใช้ Pylon มากกว่าแล้ว ยังมีแนวเส้นขอบทาง(ชั่วคราว)ทั้งซ้ายและขวา Pylon นั้นจะวางเกือบตลอดแนวเส้นทั้งสองข้าง จะมากหน่อยตามโค้ง น้อยลงในทางตรง การวางสนามนั้น ไม่ได้ทำไว้เพื่อให้นักแข่ง"เลี้ยววนอ้อมจุด" อย่าง Gymkhana แต่จะจะคิดในลักษณะที่ให้นักแข่งวิ่งเข้าและออก Gate หรือประตู(หมายถึงระหว่าง Pylon ซ้ายและขวา)ของแต่ละช่วง แต่ละโค้งอย่างไร สนามจึงมีรูปแบบที่ชัดเจนกว่า
บางคนอาจจะคิดว่า Autocross นั้นง่ายกว่าเพราะมีเส้นขอบทาง ขอบอกว่า ความยากง่ายนั้นพอๆกัน แต่จะดีกว่าตรงที่ไม่เปลีองยางเท่า Gymkhana เพราะไม่มีจุดที่ต้องใช้เบรคมือหรือวนรอบ Pylon ซึ่งจริงๆแล้วมันเป็นแค่การโชว์เฉยๆ ไม่ใช่ความสามารถในการขับหรือแสดงถึงสมรรถณะของรถแต่อย่างใด

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
auto-x = just follow the course
Gym = get lost  ;D
This is around 50 second track.  ???
« Last Edit: January 10, 2005, 01:38:55 pm by zpeed »

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
Try to remember which ways to go.  ???  :o

Offline O'Pern

• fear is a mind killer
  • Administrator
  • Authentic Drifter
  • don't let your fear stand in the way of your dream
    • racing club
พี่โก้ครับ ถามเล่นๆ นะ

ถ้าเอารูปแบบสนามจิมฯดังตัวอย่างนี้ไปจัดที่ US แล้วทาง SCCA เขาจะคอมเมนท์อะไรกลับมาบ้างไหมครับ อิอิ ฮ่าๆ
i drive / i race / i test / I drift
I row / I run / I fun / I ride

Offline zpeed

• Authentic Drifter
I Post the question in local Subaru here are the responds.

Having never run a Gymkhana, I'm not really equipped to make a call about a good course design. I've always thought those thing we're *way* to complicated to memorize.

Given the space, I'd suggest attempting to design a straightforward Auto-X style course. However, for a crowd used to the challenge of Gymkhana, an Auto-X style course might seem boring, or too fast.

Seriously, it looks complicated to me.

For me, it’s like drifting. Fun to watch and I always am amazed at the car control of the guys who do it, but I don't really think I'd ever be interested in participating.

Car control at high speeds is more interesting to me then showboating car control.

You know this is true for me too (i.e. drifting/auto-x). I think that’s why I like the WRC and other road courses vs. the old (Not to mention boring) oval of the Nascar.

Oh, the one other thing I noticed is that you couldn't reverse the course, and have another car waiting at the start.

(Here we run same course for 2 days.  Set up the course run on Satruday then on Sunday run backward.  get about 6 run per day and run 2-3 cars on the course at once.)

looks fun but slow if you have a big car
(like Corvette, Firebird, Mustang compare to civic, jazz)